New Beginnings

March 24, 2011

Welcome to my newly designed blog and website! I’m very excited about it and glad it’s finally up and running as it’s been several months in the making.  I’m anxious for feedback, so please let me know how you like it. I have to give credit to my fabulous designer, Lisa Hazan. After stumbling on my own for so many years, it’s great to work with someone who actually knows what they’re doing!

While all of this has been going on, I’ve also been busy promoting my book. I’ve done several book signings here in town and if you look at the Events tab above, you’ll see some of my upcoming appearances. I’m also being interviewed on radio shows across the country. It’s a first for me, but I’m really starting to enjoy it. The radio hosts are great fun and very enthusiastic. I’ll be posting some of the taped interviews on my Facebook page, so please join in as a fan of Chicken and Egg to hear them. As a result of the great reception the book has received, I just found out today that it’s gone into a second printing, so I’m very excited!

Ruby and Cleo splashing in the puddles

The chickens are continuing to do well. Last week’s 50ºF. weather had them dancing in the melting snow. They’ve been a little frumpy after Tuesday’s snowstorm, however, and haven’t ventured out since. To read more about them, please wander over to the Chronicle Books Food Blog where I wrote a guest column and posted one of my favorite recipes: Extra-Creamy Scrambled Eggs with Buttermilk-Chive Biscuits. If you leave a comment on their website this week you could win a free copy of the book!

Now that things are settling down, I’ll plan to be in touch more often. Thanks for hanging in there with me!

8 Responses to “New Beginnings”

1. March 25, 2011 at 7:57 am, Kristin said:

WOW – I love the new web design. It’s so ‘you’ and very warm and welcoming. Also, congratulations on the 2nd printing of your book! What a fantastic accomplishment. It was so fun to be in the presence of greatness at brunch!

Love to all.

• March 28, 2011 at 8:54 am, admin said:

Thanks so much Kristin! Great to hear from you and loved seeing you and AJ!

2. March 28, 2011 at 9:23 am, Diana said:

Janice,
    I love your new site, especially that your website and blog are now all together. I’ve tried many of your recipes and loved to read about the adventures of your urban chickens.

The new site is so clean and easy to navigate. (Now I need to update my blog with your new link)

• March 28, 2011 at 10:47 am, admin said:

Thanks Diana! How are your new baby chicks doing?

3. April 14, 2011 at 3:02 pm, Kris said:

Just read your new cookbook, “Chicken and Egg” and really enjoyed it. I picked it up at work (Williams-Sonoma) and decided I needed to have it after looking at several of the recipes. Little did I realize that there was an entertaining (and informative!) story that was included along with the recipes. I began to feel like I knew the “three chicks.” Sorry to hear that crazy Lulu is no longer with you. I’m going to start reading your blog to keep up with the lastest news on the others!

• April 14, 2011 at 6:54 pm, admin said:

Thanks so much Kris, really nice to hear from you.

4. April 17, 2011 at 5:52 am, Brenda said:

Hi Janice,
    I picked up a copy of your book at Anthropologie and LOVED it! I loved the mix or recipes and chicken tales. My own little backyard flock is arriving on May 31 (three Easter eggers and three Silver Wyandottes). I can’t wait to get started. I hope you will consider writing a sequel to your book at some point in the future………
    Cheers,
    Brenda

• April 17, 2011 at 9:58 am, admin said:

Thanks Brenda, so nice to get your comments! Keep in touch and let me know about your little flock after they arrive. You’re in for a lot of fun!